Monday, June 30, 2008

A Few Updates!!!!

I finally took Gavin in for his 12 month check up. I was a little scared to get his shots because I had heard from a few people that the MMR shot has been linked to Autism, which is most common in boys. So I was very hesitant to get them done. But I had worried for nothing!! All the hype was completely false!! I spoke with my Doctor about it and he directed me to a website that explains that the study was very incorrect. Hopefully this will help anyone that might be worried. Gavin is weighing in at 21Lbs & 12oz and measuring 30 inches. He's healthy and Happy!!! Although his toe nail did fall off and now his toe looks kinda yucky!! Now he is my little gimp. I just hope it grows back normal or even at all.

I was told by my Doctor the other day that I have a low-lying Placenta, which is also called Placenta Previa. This is when the placenta either completely or partially covers the Cervix. Which means if it does not move up, I might have to go on bed rest and would with out question have to have another C-section. My goal for this baby was to not have a C-section. Which so far everything was looking good for that to happen. I will have another Ultrasound at 28 weeks to see if the placenta has moved up. In most cases it does, so I am not to worried about it. But for anyone that knows Gavin, a C-section would not be so easy this time around and by no means am I saying it was easy the first time.

We have slowed our search for house.. Things were not working out in our favor. We are going to take some time and pray again about our decision to buy a house right now.. It might be the lords way of telling us that we need to wait or that we need to move to Utah ( :) haha I wish about the Utah thing). There is nothing I want more than to move out of our shack and into a real house. But something I have finally learned in my short life is patients. Hopefully soon we will have a house for our growing family. Another huge worry of mine is that the economy might get so bad that it might effect us buying a house. I just have to remind myself that at least I have a happy and healthy family who loves the Lord and that is all that really matters.

Lastly we still have not thought of a name for our little girl. I didn't realize how hard it is to pick out a girls name! I have a few in mind, they are just not sticking with me. Hopefully we will think of something before she gets here, so we don't have to name her something like Provo, or Florida hahahahahahaha JK.....

2 comments:

Anthony and Rachel Orme said...

I glad that Gavin is healthy and growing. I'm sure his toe nail will come in looking perfectly normal. :) I'm sorry to hear about the whole placenta thing. Hopefully everything will work out and you won't have to have another c-section. Keep up posted. As far as buying a home... girl we are in the exact same situation. We are growing out of our little condo so fast and we are having the hardest time trying to find a house that meets our needs and is in our price range. Like you I'm not sure if the Lord is trying to tell us something, but I can't help but to be worried about the economy. I guess it's better to be living in your means, but I don't know how much longer we can stay here with no room for storage, 2 kids, and eventually another baby. Oh, it is so stressful. Well, like you said we just have to be thankful for what we do have.

the ence family said...

move to Utah!!! better yet move to AZ!!! what does Jonathan do? maybe there is work here? :) we would love it!